You may prefer to take matters into your own hands, and are one of the estimated 8% of U.S. of homeowners who decide upon a FSBO transaction to sell their home.
Yet you also understand clearly how important it is to gain maximum exposure from a sophisticated presentation of your property to attract quality Buyers willing to pay top price for your home.
For FSBO clients, HHR provides advice on how to best present your home digitally, and then completes the listing of your home on MLS while you stay in the driver’s seat throughout the entire marketing and sale process.
1. Complete the form on this page. Be sure to include any special features that may be unique to your property.
2. Someone from HHR will then contact you directly to discuss:
- Listing Agreement – A listing Agreement reflecting the limited services that HHR will be providing must be signed in order to comply with MLS requirements and before HHR proceeds with listing any property.
- The Completed Online Form – to ensure all relevant information has been included in order to present your property in the best possible light as well as to ensure compliance with MLS requirements;
- Photographs – At least one photograph must be included in the listing but of course, you will want to include several (there is a 36 limit). These should be of the best quality that can be procured, and because of licensing restrictions, should not be photographs used from previous listings by another real estate broker or real estate agent.
- Payment – A secure payment link will be sent to your e-mail. Once payment has been processed, HHR will then upload the approved listing of your property onto MLS.
3. Wait for Buyers to contact you with inquiries!
Once (1) you have heard from an HHR agent, (2) the listing agreement has been signed, (3) the below form completed, (4) at least 1 photo of the property has been provided and (4) payment has been processed, your listing can go live within 24 hours.
Your contact information will be displayed in the Listing, with a message instructing interested Buyers and Buyers’ agents to contact you directly. Anyone who contacts HHR will be forwarded directly to you the Seller, for no additional fee.
Because most Buyers still work with agents, it is worth considering the strategy of building in a Buyer’s Agent commission in the sales price. Buyer’s Agents could be strong sources of quality offers for your property. The average commission in FSBO situations ranges from 1.0% to 2.5% of the listing price. As is standard, the commission would be settled at the time of the Closing.
HHR charges a Flat Fee is $200 for an MLS listing of 3 months, and $250 for listings running up to 12 months.
No other fees are charged, but the Client might incur additional out-of-pocket expenses by directly retaining third-party professionals for additional services, such as: i) professional photo shoots for the property; ii) carrying out repairs; and/or iii) paying for staging costs.
No problem. You can still retain HHR for traditional agent services for a reduced commission fee to be negotiated. The fee paid for HHR’s FSBO services would be deducted from the commission paid to HHR at closing.